Wednesday 28 April 2010

Lush Catastrophe Cosmetic

Hello, Happy Wednesday :)

One of the items I bought last week was a lush fresh face mask called Catastrophe Cosmetic, having used it this Sunday during my looong pamper session I thought I would review it on here.

"When disaster looms, Catastrophe Cosmetic calms and cleanses the skin"



I have shocking photography skills. Apologies.

As an avid lover of Lush, I have tried a couple of their face masks for when my skin is extremely dry or oily depending on the season (I have bizarre skin!), but never this one. This wonderful lilac coloured mask has the key ingredient of blueberries (you can see the pieces in it) which are supposed to reduce inflammation and also have an antiseptic effect as a result of the anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals found in the berries. Other key ingredients include Chamomile, Calamine, Irish Moss and Almond Oil to soothe and gently cleanse the skin.

After leaving this on for about ten minutes whilst having a lovely relax in the bath, I rinsed it away using warm water and a muslim cloth. On the skin it felt on the whole soft but as it was rinsed off I could feel a slight exfoliating motion due to the blueberry pieces left in the mix. I could see an immediate difference in my skin looking brighter and clearer, and during the following few days I noticed a reduction in redness on my cheeks and chin.

This pot cost me £4.95 for 75g and Lush recommend you can get 4 uses out of it, I would agree with this having found the amount I used was too much as I was wasting some (boo hoo). My slight reservation with the product is that it has a 3 week use by date and I generally like to rotate my face masks so that I can get the benefits of all that I use. I would purchase again, especially when my skin needs a refresh and a detox.

Love Always,
Louise xxx

0 people kindly left their thoughts:

Post a Comment